Sunday 13 July 2014

Perfection affair of the soul

There's no shortcut or golden ticket to perfection. And to be brutally honest, "perfection" is impossible. Where do people get off believing that, big breasts, small waist, never ending legs, bubble butts, hazel eyes, naturally bouncy curly hair and a fair complexion are the definition of beauty? Oh and God forbid you have cellulite or stretch marks! If that is the case I am one ugly goblin! Because according to that mentally to be beautiful I need to be anything or anybody but myself. Because I'm 5"4 (hence the name of my blog..get it. ;)...) so never ending legs that's a big fat No. I'm west African, the sun made me dark as midnight, my hair is unmanageable I can't run from cellulite and stretch marks and to top it all off I have insecurities about pretty much every inch of my body. But the funny thing is I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am one of those people, I adore food! And I'm incredibly lazy! BAD COMBINATION!!! I can eat for England, but put me in the gym no matter how hard I try I'll knock out in 20 mins flat, like I've just gone 10 rounds with MikeTyson. It's a serious issue I'm trying to deal with! (I'm dying of laughter at the thought of that fight between myself and Mike Tyson)

A friend of mine naturally slim petite, size 6, recently started noticing cellulite and stretch marks on her body. MAJOR FREAK OUT!!! So much so that she is being teased about it. But then I look at myself and stretch marks and cellulite have been apparent since I reached puberty, to me they are absolutely normal. They are a part of ME!

In my twenties, I've noticed a lot people around my age bracket feel the need to keep up with trends, whether it be fashion, make up, the opposite sex, it's almost like a competition. What ever happened to just living? How do we ever keep up? The truth is its impossible! We're stuck in a whirlwind of spending money on material things. The most expensive fashion items, implants, surgery, but all for what? Does it ever end? So we are all wedged pretending that we care about any of that stuff. But there's no happiness in any of it because as soon as you have one you want the other. India Arie came up with a conclusion; it’s all an illusion, confusion is  the name of the game a misconception, and a vast deception. 

There is no way I will allow my younger sister or my daughter to believe that her worth is defined by what she looks like or how expensive her clothes are. Because a lady is not what she wears but what she knows. Your looks can get you anywhere but it's what comes out of your mouth, and what your soul project that will sustain you. Beauty fades substance stays. 

It's easy to look at yourself and notice everything that you don't like about yourself. But more of us should learn to look in the mirror and realise that our maker didn't make a single mistake.

Beauty and perfection are nothing but words, their definition is nothing but subjective. The person you allow yourself to be creates the definition of perfect, and the way you carry yourself brings meaning to what beauty means to you.
Young women, realise, once you are comfortable in your own skin what you do or don't own doesn't run your life as much as your spoken words and actions. Don't go believing that you must look a certain way or have certain things to be beautiful. With time we all learn to accept we are individually flawless, flaws an' all.

I'm imperfectly perfect!
(No seriously, LOL!)

And on that note peace love and all that good stuff, Live, Love, Laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment